Sunday, March 24, 2013

Elephant Birthday. ColorQ #181




This below is the inside.
                         



There were so many challenges this week and I just wanted to play all of them.  This card was inspired by the ColorQ #181 challenge.  You can see other great cards inspired by this great color combo at   ColorQ #181

                                                

My Daffodil Delight ink pad and marker is ugly it's like a dirty yellow but the paper is pretty so I wonder if there was a bad batch of ink.  Anyways I ended up using my copic markers Garden yellow y17 and lemon yellow y13.  The Elephant image had  to be separated from the background.  It  just didn't flow right laying right on top . 


                                  




                                  




The stamp set is from Michael's brand Recollections "Elephant Flower".  I adjusted the image a little, omitting the umbrella the elephant was holding. The elephant alone is big enough and keeping the umbrella what have made it harder to fit on the card.  The birthday medallion is from Stampin' Up's Hostess set Happiest Birthday Wishes. 

4 comments:

  1. Fun and bright Birthday card, Alannie, so happy you joined us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - I love these fun images, Alanna - they are perfect with these colors! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card you made - it is so bright and cheerful! I just bought this stamp set. I too love the elephant but want to get rid of the umbrella. I'm new to stamping so if you would forgive a newbie question could you tell me how you stamped the image without the umbrella? I know I have so much to learn. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the card you made - it is so bright and cheerful! I just bought this stamp set. I too love the elephant but want to get rid of the umbrella. I'm new to stamping so if you would forgive a newbie question could you tell me how you stamped the image without the umbrella? I know I have so much to learn. Thank you

    ReplyDelete